Earn 2 points for writing a review for this product
Formula 7® is the only paraben free soluble tolnaftate antifungal microemulsion fortified with cosmetic ingredients and bactericidal agents.
Temporarily Out of Stock.
What makes Formula 7® unique?
- Soluble Tolnaftate – A technology developed by The Tetra Corporation (U.S. Patent # 4,810,498) and used first in Formula 3®.
- Formula 7® is the first tolnaftate microemulsion – Patent Pending U.S. Application # 62580689
- Formula 7® is formulated with cosmetic ingredients that rehydrate and restore the natural physical properties and appearance of the skin and nail with each use. The cosmetic ingredients are C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Jojoba Seed Oil, Glycerin, PEG-20 Hydrogenated Lanolin, Urea, Vitamin E Acetate, and Caprylyl Glycol.
- The N-acetyl-l-cysteine (NAC) in Formula 7® is a penetration enhancer specifically designed to increase tolnaftate flux through keratin. Studies have also found that NAC has bactericidal properties and breaks down bacterial biofilms of clinically relevant pathogens including Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Staphylococcus aureus, Enterococcus faecalis, Enterobacter cloacae, Staphylococcus epidermidis, and Klebsiella pneumoniae.
- Formula 7® contains urea to increase the water content of the top layers of the skin. Urea gently dissolves the intercellular matrix, which results in loosening the horny layer of skin and shedding scaly skin at regular intervals, thereby softening hyperkeratotic areas. Urea also hydrates and gently dissolves the intercellular matrix of the nail plate, which can result in the softening and increasing permeability of the nail plate for cosmetic debridement.
- Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil adds benefits of an antifungal, antiseptic, germicidal and anti-bacterial properties.
- A new ½ fl. Oz. (15ml) tube with an integrated brush applicator for ease of use.
|Skin Type||Body Areas|
Write Your Own Review
- Clean the affected area and DRY thoroughly. Pay special attention to spaces between the toes. Don’t be in a rush to put on your shoes, let your feet air out.
- A thin layer of Formula 7® applied over the affected area twice daily (morning and night) or as directed by a doctor will allow the product to penetrate the tissue and reach the fungal growth area.
- Change your shoes and socks when your feet get wet or damp. Keep extra socks with you and change them when needed.
- Wear well fitting, ventilated shoes. Buy absorbent or special synthetic socks that wick the perspiration from your feet.
The cosmetic ingredients are C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Jojoba Seed Oil, Glycerin, PEG-20 Hydrogenated Lanolin, Urea, Vitamin E Acetate, and Caprylyl Glycol.